Carbon Technology Protective Mask Filters - PM 2.5
Inserting one of these Carbon Technology Protective Mask Filters into the built-in pocket on one of our protective cloth face masks is an ideal way to comply with the CDC's guidance. To help slow the spread of COVID-19, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) advises the general public to wear non-medical cloth face masks. These disposable PM 2.5 mask filters are made up of five layers for more comprehensive protection against particulates, allergens, and pollutants. Each filter has an activated carbon fiber layer in the center of two melt blown cotton layers. The melt blown layers carry a static charge which attracts particles that come through with the electrical charge and, therefore, filters out smaller particles. A layer of non-woven fabric is then placed on each side to provide maximum filtration for easier breathing. Available in packs of 10 and 50, these filters fit perfectly inside the pocket of our adult-sized protective masks. Safely dispose of filters after each use.
Why Use PM 2.5 Filters?
- PM 2. 5 filters are shown to be effective in blocking the vast majority of airborne particulates, even the very smallest nanoparticles. The PM 2. 5 name comes from these filters' original use as protection against Particulate Matter 2.5, the smallest and most dangerous form of air pollution.
- Our PM 2.5 filters are made from the same advanced materials used for respirators like the N95 and KN95.
- When combined with a cotton mask, a PM 2.5 filter provides a high degree of protection without putting strain on your heart. This is because these filters have significantly less inhalation resistance than an N95 or KN95 respirator. In lab tests, cotton masks + PM 2.5 filters restricted inhalation by less than 25% of the maximum inhalation resistance of an N95 respirator.
- 4.75" (L) x 3.15" (W)
- 5 layers of superior protection
- Material: Exterior Layers: cotton, non-woven fabric; Interior Layer: activated carbon
- Sold in packages of 10 and 50 disposable filters
- Use with our Adult-Sized Protective Face Masks (sold separately)
- Recommended that filter is changed after each use